Sunday, July 8, 2012

Vanilla Brownies!




I am a true lover of chocolate, but if forced to pick a flavor, I would most likely choose vanilla.  That being the case, I have searched high and low to find a true vanilla brownie recipe.  There are many 'BLONDIE' recipes...but not specifically 'vanilla' brownies.  So to find a dessert that captured the texture of a brownie, with the flavor of vanilla cake was my goal.  Suffice it to say, I found a few recipes...none that worked too well with the transfer to a GF recipe.  But, I have found/created what I feel satisfies my search for true vanilla flavor and a brownie texture.  I hope you like them.  They are a wonderful treat alone or with ice cream...vanilla, of course!  ;  )

Brownie Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
1 bag (10) oz white vanilla baking chips (about 1 2/3 cups)
    *  I have found a GF vanilla baking chip!  Yay!  I ordered them on-line, and they are definitely 
        worth the price for their taste and knowing they are GF!  The company is Guittard Chocolate    
        www.guittard.com/  They also have amazing butterscotch chips which are GF
1 1/4 cups GF flour Blend  (Featherlight Blend)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cups chopped nuts (optional, but I use unsalted macadamia nuts...yum!)


Icing/Glaze


1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1-2 tbsp. milk


Preheat oven to 350°F.  Grease and flour (GF) 13x9-inch pan.  In saucepan, heat butter and vanilla chips over low heat just until melted.  Stir constantly.  The mixture may look a bit curcled...fear not.  Remove from heat.

Stir in remaining brownie ingredients until well blended.  Spread evenly in pan.

Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool completely.

Make icing/glaze by mixing all glaze ingredients until smooth and spreadable.  Adjust the texture to your liking.  Spread over brownies.  Cut into whatever size brownie squares you desire.  I know I made mine big!  Definitely have a nice cool glass of milk standing by.  I know you'll want more.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment