Wednesday, March 2, 2011

No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls Gluten free



Now this a recipe that can be called a 'Blast From The Past!'  I got this one from my Mom.   She tells me that she found this recipe on the back of a Skippy Peanut Butter jar before I was born! Every Christmas since I can remember, she made these scrumptuous peanut butter balls/cookies that are a no-bake bite of Christmas joy!  Growing up, we had so many wonderful baked goods to choose from at the holidays.  Image the utter glee that I had as a kid, finding that I was the only one of the three boys who actually sought out the Skippy Balls as a first choice dessert!  Eric and Jimmy were so busy with the other cookie options, that I found myself eating the entire batch...if allowed or not caught trying to do so.  Another reason I got most of them was they are kept in the refrigerator, and I had a way of hiding them that kept them off the radar as much as could be...I still do that!!  So, if you like peanut butter, and a dessert with no baking, and only a few minutes prep work, this is a winner!  Give it a try, and see if you don't keep this as a regular staple for your holiday AND everyday dessert menu.




Skippy Balls
1 1/4 cups GF graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (I use Jif Natural)
1/3 cup light Karo corn syrup
Powdered sugar


Mix all ingredients in a bowl.  The mixture will be thick and sticky.  Roll in your hands to make 1/2 to 3/4 inch balls.  Roll the balls in powdered sugar, and store in a freezer-style Zip-lock plastic bag in the refrigerator.  (I just put a half cup of powdered sugar in a plastic bag and add the balls as I roll them.  Then gently shake them in the powdered sugar to make sure they are completely coated...then frig)




These are so easy AND so good!  If you try them, let me know what you think.  Easy and delicious...who wouldn't love that!


-Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment