Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Aunt Tricia's Guacamole Recipe...With a Twist


My thanks goes out to 'Aunt Tricia' (who could be my daughter!!) for the BEST Guacamole recipe I've ever had!  Tricia is my incredible sister-in-law who shared this recipe this past summer while our whole extended family vacationed at The Outer Banks.  When we go to the beach, our four families take turns preparing the evening's main meal.  Actually, each family is responsible for one night only...Grandma does all the other nights, which we truly appreciate.  Last summer, Tricia and Tom made absolutely delicious Chicken Fajitas for their special meal, and the Fajitas were accompanied by the tastiest Guacamole recipe I ever ate.  I have taken a few liberties with the recipe, but this one is all about Aunt Tricia!  



Aunt Tricia's Guacamole


3 ripened avocados, pitted and smashed with a fork, leaving chunks as desired (I LOVE it chunky)
2 medium shallots diced small
1 medium tomato, diced small but large enough to be seen  :  )
3 cloves of garlic, minced/pressed
splash of lime juice
1/2 tsp. lime zest
1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
Kosher salt to taste, I usually like about 1/4-1/2 tsp


Combine all the ingredients, except for the tomatoes, in a small bowl.  Mix thoroughly.  Add the tomatoes at the end, and stir gently to blend.  


Serve with chips of your choice, baked pita pieces, and/or use as a topping for your burgers or chicken! 


This works great for chicken dishes which might need a bit of a flavor boost.  I just love it the way it is, and, of course, it's gluten free!  Celiacs, careful to use only GF spices...I use McCormick's.


Thanks again, Tricia!  I think of you every time I make this...and that is quite often.  : - )  Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment