Monday, August 23, 2010

Aarti's First Show!

Hey, any of you who know how faithfully I followed the Next Food Network Star show, and pulled for Aarti, are probably aware of how much I anticipated her first solo show.  Well, I must say it was an overall winner.

There was a bit of Aarti's humor, her sweetness, her cooking savvy, her humbleness, and her Indian culture.  The only problem I found, was there was also the inevitable Food Network 'stiffness' and 'script-like' dialogue that was present for most of the show.

Her recipes were simply yet interesting...especially her Indian take on the Sloppy Joe (Sloppy Bombay Joes).  I will definitely try that.  Her infusion of spices were predictable but welcomed.

I look forward to Aarti's next show, but hope the powers that be allow her to grow, and yet, stay true to herself...showing The Food Network why they crowned her winner of their contest in the first place!

No comments:

Post a Comment