Wednesday, November 20, 2013

WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP, OATMEAL and PECAN COOKIE

Here is one for the holiday...ANY holiday!  This is one amazing cookie.  Even my mom loves them.  In fact, I took her some from my initial attempt to make these, and she actually hid them so no one else would eat any!  She said she had one a day to make them last.  She has actually asked me for the recipe.  I was stunned.  She's the one who helped teach me to cook and bake!!!  So I am honored to include a recipe that my mom thinks is super delicious. I am baking a batch just for her on Friday.  She won't have to hide any...

Additionally, I gave this recipe to my dear friend Melissa, who is a baking fiend like myself.  She and one of her friends had a baking day to relive stress, and they also really enjoyed, and might I add, raved over how good the cookies were.  

We took some to the tennis club where the boys play, and everyone was so complimentary, I knew I had a winner.  There were a few squabbles over who deserved more cookies.  It made me happy they were fighting for them.  Please try these for the holidays, and I bet you won't stop there!  :  )





WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL PECAN COOKIES

Ingredients

1/2 cup crisco shortening
1/2 cup butter, softened to room temp
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 extra large eggs, at room temp
2 teaspoons vanilla

3 cups gluten free flour blend (Feartherlight Rice Blend)
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups uncooked regular oats
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
2 cups (12 ounce bag) white chocolate chips, I use Guittard (they are GF and you can check on-line to order...I purchase bulk amounts!!  ; )


Directions

In a bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients EXCEPT for Oats, white chocolate chips, and pecans.  Set aside.

Beat together butter crisco, and brown sugar.  Once fluffy, add the granulated sugar.  Beat well, and then add eggs.  Beat only until mixed in well.  Then add vanilla.  Mix until thoroughly blended.

Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet. Beat until blended.  Stir in the oats, white chocolate chips, and pecans.  It might seem very thick and dry, but it is fine.  Takes a little muscle to power through the last few stirs to get everything evenly mixed.  

Drop by tablespoons onto parchment covered cookie sheets.  16 cookies to a sheet.  Bake at 350 for 6 minutes, then rotate cookie sheet and bake for additional 4-6 minutes depending on desired texture.  I like to have them lightly golden.  It took about 11 minutes all together for my tastes.  Just keep an eye on them until you are comfortable with the time and texture you want.

Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet, then remove to rack or parchment paper and let cool completely.  

This makes about 5 dozen cookies.  Keep stored in air tight container.  Lasts several days...theoretically... ;  )

Enjoy!

Peace
-Scott
















No comments:

Post a Comment